The tabs on the left will outline the specific fees associated with the dental and nutritional services Dr. Niederman provides. Some general points:
- Farm Call:
- Niederman does not have a clinic so she travels to your home or stable. Therefore, there is a farm or trip charge fee for every appointment.
- The amount will vary depending on your location.
- The farm call will be divided amongst the owners seen at one location.
- Niederman does her best to coordinate appointments by area to reduce this cost.
- Electronic records:
- At the time of the appointment an itemized bill is created and sent electronically to you for your records.
- Payments are due at the time the service is provided unless you have made prior arrangements to pay online.
- All forms of payment are accepted.
Dr. Niederman uses Square Up for credit card transactions.
To pay a Square Invoice,
- begin by clicking Pay Invoice in the invoice notification email.
- Fill in all required info: Name on card, card number, expiration month and year, billing zip code, and CVV.
- Click Submit.
All Dentals start with a Complete Oral Exam under sedation.
Here are a few photos showing the placement and benefit of using a full mouth speculum .
All of the 24 cheek teeth and soft tissues (cheek, tongue) within the mouth can be visually examined.
Please visit the Exam Tab Under Services for a slide show of the steps.
- Sedation and Exam: $100 (as of July 1, 2017)
From this point the costs can be as follows:
- Full regular float (removal of routine sharp enamel points on the outside of the upper and inside of the lower cheek teeth): $65
- Total cost of routine dental: $ 165
- Partial float: Will be determined based on how much of the mouth needs attention.
- Correction of other dental abnormalities: Costs will be outlined at the time of the oral exam
- No float or corrections needed: $0
- Nutritional consults: see Nutrition tab for pricing and details.
- This is the most common outcome with older patients. The focus shifts from dental work to designing the correct nutritional plan for your horse.
- Review of Nutritional Principles:
Cost: $35/With Scale: $45
- Evaluation of Current Diet:
Cost with Hay Analysis (recommended): $120
- Evaluation of Current Diet with Follow up:
- One month: $120
- Two months: $150
- Three months: $180
A follow up on-site visit can be arranged at a cost of $120.
- Hay Analysis only:
- Basic: $30
- Advanced: $40